SUBHEAD 1: START, the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, was founded in conjunction with the Department of Homeland Security after the Sept. 11 attacks.
- Basis for program and funding
- *INTERVIEW ABOUT MOTIVATION BEHIND PROGRAM*
SUBHEAD 2: Through curricular and experiential learning, the program helps train students to be national security scholars and practitioners.
- Global terrorism classes required
- *INTERVIEW ABOUT TYPES OF CLASSES OFFERED*
- Fearless ideas program -- countering violence extremism (Spring 13 addition)
SUBHEAD 3: The students are required to participate in experiential education opportunities through a flagship internship program.
- Sarah Fishering is the research transition manager
- Discuss some of the internship opportunities
William Braniff, Executive Director of START
I could post this barcode to Facebook or post it to Twitter and write, "Want to learn more about the University of Maryland Global Terrorism Minor?"